Monday, April 20, 2009

April 5th Dressageless Clinic!


It's no surprise when we're pulled out of our stalls bright and early this morning. I'm really not excited about trotting around in circles in the dressage field. But I feel a glimmer of hope as I see Mike and Dean checking out the marathon carriage. My hopes are further raised when the heavier harness is put on me. I can't believe Peter's here and we don't have to do dressage! We actually might get to have fun today!

Ruff, Tuff, Ready, and I are all hitched and set to go. Only when the barn doors are opened, do I realize why they were closed in the first place. It's cold and windy. Peter really thinks we're lying to him about the warm Texas climate. I really don't mind, though because it's marathon time!

We warm up with a trot section to simulate Section A of a real marathon. Peter has set up four challenging hazards for us. Of course, I never have trouble but some of the others (i.e. Mike, Ready) do. We all expect Ready to be a little slower than the rest of us but I'll have to admit, she's getting better. Mike hasn't had much time to study the hazards and gets a little lost. Peter gives Mike lots of helpful advice and they decide to practice again tomorrow. I can't believe my luck! Two days of marathon! No dressage!

No comments:

Post a Comment